NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE OFFERED ONLY IN WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA AND SURROUNDING AREAS AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY.
- Sponsor: UV Pools Corporation (UV Pools), 4304 Henderson Hwy, Winnipeg, Manitoba. R1C 0A1. Canada. (“Sponsor”). Although the “UV Pools, Spring into Summer Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is administered through a Facebook interface, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to permanent legal residents of Manitoba, Canada who are physically located and residing therein and who warrant and represent that they meet all of the following requirements as of the time their entry into the Sweepstakes is deemed complete: (a) they are 18 years of age or older; (b) they have a Facebook account; (c) they have Internet access; (d) they possess a social insurance number issued by the appropriate government agency at time of entry; and (e) they have carefully read and reviewed prior to agreeing to, and agreed to as instructed, the Sweepstakes Official Rules. Employees of Sponsor, as well as those involved in the development, handling, production, implementation and distribution of the Sweepstakes, and their advertising or promotion agencies, parent companies, agents, officers, employees, licensees, subsidiaries or affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other persons/entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on May 21, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on June 18, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter this Sweepstakes, please access the UVPools Facebook fan page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/UVPools/107311292688042. You will also be required to input your first and last name and email address on a separate entry form page. The order of these steps may vary. These steps will enter you in the Sweepstakes (the “Form Entry”). Only one Form Entry per email address and natural person per day is allowed during the Sweepstakes Period. Valid Form Entries must be submitted via the online method as described above. Prospective entrants will also be offered the opportunity to invite their friends to enter the Sweepstakes and will receive up to one additional entry if an invited friend completes the Form Entry process described above (the “Invite Entry”, and together with the Form Entry, the “Entries”). All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the allowable Entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses or Facebook accounts, identities or any other online methods will void all of that entrant’s Entries. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void and will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and their agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsors reserve the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of Entries and/or the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize and Odds of Winning: One (1) grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize is a Brinkmann 5 Burner Gas Grill. Each Winner shall be responsible for all costs not otherwise set out herein. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $299. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. You must be of legal age to enter these Sweepstakes. Proof of age shall be a requirement of accepting the Grand Prize. If a Winner forfeits the Grand Prize, this forfeiture will serve as complete fulfillment of the obligation by the Sponsor and no additional compensation will be awarded. Each Winner is solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for the Grand Prize (or Prize components) is permitted. All federal, provincial, local or other taxes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. THE GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES). ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE ARE AT THE WINNER’S SOLE RISK, AND SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR MISUSE OF THE GRAND PRIZE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO VERIFY ELIGIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- Winner Selection, Notification and Claim of Prize: Each potential Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries in a drawing by UV Pools or a designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (each a “Potential Winner”), on or about June 18, 2015. Each Potential Winner will be notified by email (at the email address provided in the Form Entry) that same day as he or she was selected. Before being declared a winner, each Potential Winner must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Each Potential Winner will have three (3) business days from the date of the notification email to respond. If the Potential Winner does not respond to the email notification within this time frame, he/she may be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected from among the other Sweepstakes entrants at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Grand Prize notification cannot be delivered or is returned as undeliverable, the Potential Winner forfeits the Grand. In the event that any Potential Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the Grand Prize to an alternate Potential Winner selected from among the other Sweepstakes entrants at its sole discretion. The Potential Winner who receives the Grand Prize is known as the “Grand Prize Winner.” The Grand Prize Winner shall use the Grand Prize within one calendar year from the date awarded to the Winner, after which, the Grand Prize shall be automatically forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to the Winner whatsoever. Grand Prize must be delivered or picked up within Winnipeg area only. Grand Prize winner must pick up or arrange delivery of Grand Prize within 30 days of initial notification, after which, the Grand Prize will automatically be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to the Winner whatsoever.
- General Conditions and Disclaimers: This Sweepstakes are subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes and to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects. By accepting a Prize, each Winner attests to the provisions stated in these Official Rules and compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for multiple Entries in excess of the stated limit, Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human method) or that are mechanically duplicated, late, destroyed, incomplete, lost, misdirected, forged, damaged, tampered with, or Entries that are otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules (whether due to the fault of the Sweepstakes entrant, Sponsor, or any other Sweepstakes Entity), and all such Entries will be disqualified. If for any reason the Sweepstakes are not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the Entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winners from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud Sponsor or tamper with the Sweepstakes in any way will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law and will not be eligible for the Grand Prize. Each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from use of any Entries or participation in the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes the Winner’s permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statement and/or hometown and province/state for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and release the Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use thereof.
- Release From Liability of Sweepstakes Entities: By participating, entrants agree that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with the Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to, misprinted or typographical errors on the Sweepstakes promotional materials), including participation, acceptance/possession and/or use or misuse, and/or defect of the Grand Prize, even if caused by the negligence or misconduct of the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, including without limitation the Sponsor, Prize supplier and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and each of them from and against any and all liability, damages, costs, legal fees (including legal fees on a solicitor and his own client basis), among other things, incurred with regard to any claim by any person(s) in connection with any and all of the rights and benefits conferred by the Entrant upon the Sweepstakes Entities in these Official Rules and for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants also agree that the Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for unauthorized intervention, online traffic/congestion, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, interruption or inability to access or utilize the assets/tools designated for this Sweepstakes for any reason, or any combination thereof. Entrants further agree that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to the Entrant’s or third party’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sponsor or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (b) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (c) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- Disputes: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (a) the Sweepstakes (including without limitation, its administration or technical functionality), (b) the awarding or redemption of the Grand Prize, and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the Province of Alberta without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then in accordance with the Act. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and legal fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Nothing in this paragraph shall affect the ability of Sponsor or any of its affiliates to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time. Each entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action or court application. Each entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event legal fees; and, under no circumstances, will a participant be entitled to awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this paragraph be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this paragraph within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- By participating in these sweepstakes you have provided your explicit and implicit consent to collect and use your personal information. The personal information collected herein shall only be used for the purposes of the Sweepstakes and facilitating the delivery of the Grand Prize to the Winner, including providing the personal information to third party providers involved in the Sweepstakes, and for no other unlawful purpose.
- Official Rules/Names of Winners: For a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: UV Pools, Spring into Summer Sweepstakes “Rules” or Spring into Summer Sweepstakes, “Name of Winner”, 4304 Henderson Hwy, Winnipeg, Manitoba. R1C 0A1. Canada. All requests must be received by July 31, 2015.
© 2015 UV Pools Corporation. All rights reserved.