Where Are PVC Membrane Liners Best Used?
PVC commercial membrane liners are suited best to:
- Fix a leaking concrete pool.
- Upgrade and replace the liner in a vinyl pool.
- Line retention tanks, or any vessel that needs to hold water.
How Thick are Commercial Pool Liners?
Commercial pool liners are 60 millimeters thick, twice that of a residential pool liner. These PVC commercial liners are reinforced with waterproof fibres, making them puncture resistant, and extremely resilient.
These types of commercial pool liners are welded on-site, to fit the specific shape of the vessel to be lined. We have many colors of liners available, as well as textured liner for staircases or wherever extra grip is needed.
Commercial Pool Membrane Liner Installation Process
Using our expertise, the installation of a commercial pool membrane by a UV Pools professional includes:
- The vessel is smoothed out and defects removed, providing a smooth surface for the membrane to be applied upon.
- We then roll out the membrane in strips, and cut it to the desired shape and size.
- These shapes are then welded by a hot air gun by hand, using a pressure roller. There is a 2-3 inch weld overlap, which includes at least 2 welds.
- The welds are then inspected thoroughly for water tightness and strength.
- Edges of the welded overlaps are then sealed with a liquid PVC, providing one more layer of water tight security. The liquid PVC sealer also seals off the edge of the materials fibres, so that they do not absorb any water.
At UV Pools, we exclusively install Elbtal Blue Line PVC membrane. Elbtal Blue Line PVC (Pool Force) is manufactured in Germany, at their 400,000 square foot facility. Pool Force is manufactured to - and exceeds - all industry standards.
Elbtal has been manufacturing commercial PVC liner materials for over 30 years, and have a proven and trusted track record. Their large company completes over $650 million in annual sales. With tremendous after sale support and a 100% backing of their product, we assure you that you’re receiving the best pool membrane on the market today.
Please inquire here to speak about your commercial liner needs.
- Protected against UV rays, are cold resistant, and resistant to weathering.
- Good weld-ability.
- Weld-able indoors.
- 60 millimeter thickness.
- Free of heavy metals and physiological unobjectionable according to EN 71/3.
- Antimicrobial equipped.
- Resistant to all usual chemicals typically used in swimming pools (according to the chemical instructions) at water temperatures reaching a maximum of 28 degrees.
- Not resistant to tar, bitumen, oil, fuel, and other solvents.
- Not resistant to direct contact with other plastics, such as polystyrene.